Couple Support Coordinator is a mentor couple serving in the Marriage Mentors ministry of the local church. hese couples oversee a small group of mentors, serving them as a “Go To” couple when questions arise with mentee couples. We recommend each Couple Support Coordinator has no more than 5 mentor couples in their respective group.
These couples also host quarterly meetings allowing the mentor couples in their group to get to know each other better. Mentor couples are also encouraged to share thoughts and ideas with each other about their experiences in the mentoring ministry. We have witnessed wonderful Christian community take place through these meetings. Some additional responsibilities of Couple Support Coordinators include:
- Remain connected to mentor couples through e-mail, cards and phone calls
- Be willing to meet quarterly with other Couple Support Coordinators
- Be willing to provide support to mentor couples by answering questions and giving advice
- Ensure mentor couples are completing online mentor/mentee session reports
- Send online mentor/mentee session reports to Ministry Coordinators
- Assist periodically in Marriage Mentors training for future mentors
Couple Support Coordinators are the first point of contact for mentors in their group. Most questions mentor couples will have are answered at this level or through Marriage Mentors FAQ’s section online. If questions can not be answered at this level, Ministry Coordinators are contacted at this point and made aware of the circumstance. Should their be an issue beyond what Couple Support Coordinators and Ministry Coordinators are able to address, the church staff will become informed before any action is taken place.
As it is with any organization, systems and structures only work as well as those who establish and maintain them. When set up properly, this structure works seamlessly.
More information regarding Couple Support Coordinators is provided in our Church Implementation Guide, or see Marriage Mentors Church Infrastructure.