Ministry Coordinator is the couple or couples assigned by the partnering church to help lead the marriage mentoring ministry. Coordinators basically serve as liaison between the partnering church and Marriage Mentors.
Ministry Coordinators are equipped with special training provided by Marriage Mentors enabling them to seamlessly implement the mentoring ministry. Some of the responsibilities of Ministry Coordinators include:
- Provide pulpit information and church advertising to recruit mentors
- Assist in ordering resources
- Manage online mentor/mentee session reports
- Assist in arranging the Marriage Mentors training
- Certify newly trained mentors
- E-mail Mentors Monthly to mentor couples
- Meet with prospective mentee couple and match them with appropriate mentor
Ministry Coordinators also oversee the mentoring relationships of mentors and mentees through Couple Support Coordinators. Couple Support Coordinators are mentor couples who serve in the mentoring ministry similar to how Care Group or Shepherd Group leaders serve in the church.
As mentioned, Marriage Mentors works closely with Ministry Coordinators. In doing so, we hope to greatly diminish the mount of time clergy spend with married couples who are struggling in their marriage. We will provide ongoing support to hese coordinators through e-mails, website articles, and periodical phone calls.
More information regarding Ministry Coordinators is provided in our Church Implementation Guide.