The mentor’s journey begins with them being willing to invest time and energy in the lives of another couple through a well defined process over a period of time. Here is a short list of who we believe marriage mentors are and what they do.
- Trusted Friends
- Share Life Experiences
- Impart God's Word
- Impart wisdom
- Listen empathetically
Mentees are any couples that have a desire to enrich or restore their marriage and are willing to put forth the effort needed to make necessary changes. While some marriage mentoring consists of mentees occasionally getting together with their mentors to casually talk about their marriage, our vision of marriage mentoring is quite different. We believe change for mentee couples occurs through an intentional mentoring process consisting of the following components.
- Are qualified by church staff, counselors or coordinators
- Sign statement of commitment
- Hope to prepare for, enrich or restore their marriage
- Are required to complete exercises in between sessions
- Must be willing to work on their own issues
- Operate within ground rules